Rotis are the Indian food. It is the staple food of natives of the country. Roti is a flat bread made of wheat flour. It is also called chapatti in India. Traditionally, the rotis are made by making wheat flour and is flattened using a rolling pin.
A rotimatic is a roti making machine that comes with 10 motors, 15 sensors and 200 moving parts. It also has a Wi fi connection. The rotimatic mixes, kneads and bakes the rotis. The machine takes in the flour, water, oil. It kneads the flour, rolls the rotis and bakes them inside the unit itself.
The machine is heavy as it has 10 motors inside. It definitely needs efforts to move around the house. As it is around 20kg it requires 2 people to lift. Apart from this it does not have any wheels to slide easily. However, in order to do the complicated process of roti making, it becomes necessary for the technology to bring in too many motors. Higher the number of motors better is the rotis.
Here is a complete report on the Rotimatic reviews.
As the rotimatic is unboxed, it feels luxurious and pleasant looking at the packaging and the accessories that comes along. The following things come with the rotimatic
- Containers for oil, water and flour
- Brushes of different sizes to clean the roti maker after use
- Detailed user manual, certificates of authentication and start guide
The manual is detail with step by step instructions about operating the rotimatic. The rotimatic reviews say that frequent cleaning of the machine increases its life span. Return the product if the box doesn’t have these documents.
Working of the Rotimatic machine
- It can be paired up with iOS or android applications. These connecting features are based on the Internet of Things technology. This helps to operate the machine through the phone. Also the machine is capable to download the updated versions of its software. The android app of the machine offers a manual. The app also provides recipes that can be made using the machine. There are also facebook groups for Rotimatic recipes making the everyday routine simple
- The flour, water and oil are added to the machine
- It takes about 6 minutes to reach the set temperature.
- Number of rotis required is then selected.
- The machine then begins kneading the dough. This process can be viewed as the machine works on the dough
Benefits of the machine
- The machine can make rotis, puris, pizzas and paratas
- The entire process is completed in 5 to 10 minutes
- It does not have too many preparation options and is simple to operate.
Technology used in the machine
- It has a 32 bit micro processor that instructs the motors and their working
- All the motors work at the same time.
- The data is given from the sensors to the motors by the processor
Drawbacks in the machine
- The machine weight is its major drawback. However, the robot has to carry many motors to make the process effective. It is not advisable for people with a very limited worktop space
- It also makes noises during the dough preparation stage which is also unavoidable. In the traditional methods of dough making, Indians hit the dough hard in the floor and punch the dough with their fists to make the rotis soft and delicious. So, in order to have the same handmade taste, it essential to knead the dough very well and hence the noise
Cleaning the Rotimatic
- Cleaning the rotimatic robot is quite easy
- One can just add the removable containers in the dishwasher
- The package also comes with brushes that help in cleaning the other interior parts. It is not necessary to clean with brushes every day. Once in a while, at a frequency of once or twice in a month is more than sufficient
About the Robot
- The robot has 3 containers on the top. The flour goes into the larger container, water in the medium container and oil in the smaller container.
- There are 2 sections in the robot. One section kneads and mixes the ingredients. The other section bakes the rotis
- After the rotis are done, they are sent out in the bottom tray like the printed papers from the printers.
- When a roti is done it is sent out. It is necessary to pick it up then and there when one has ordered for large numbers. Otherwise they back up the rotis. This might lead to burning of rotis
- Display – The display guides through during the entire cooking time. It also flashes messages while cleaning. The processor in the machine interacts with the user through the display. It displays error messages and guides the user in perfectly setting up the machine with the necessary ingredients. It also warns on the closure of the containers.
- The robot should be turned ON for 25 minutes even after it is done with its roti making. This is mainly to cool the motors as they are closely packed. Also, the machine has in built fans which begin to circulate cool air from outside for 25 minutes
- The life span of the flour containers can be increased if it is refrigerated when not in use. The containers can also be used for storing serving multi purposes.