The business world is flourishing through the use of internet and the customers are attracted more towards the online businesses and services. The internet has made our life much easier and we are just a single click away from availing any service around the world it may be shopping or business-oriented services. When we have any query what do we do? The answer is obvious we google it and google helps us to find the answer to our query by providing us various links and pages we can refer to for solving our query and the process it employs is search engine algorithm. So basically a process of optimizing your website that makes your website available to the users in a search engine is called a search engine optimization.
If you are an entrepreneur or an online service provider then you definitely need a pittsburgh seo company that will help you optimize your online portal to attract quality and quantity traffic. SEO optimization is a necessity if you want your business to flourish and if you want to be recognized by the users on the internet.
What is SEO and why do you need it?
If you are an emerging entrepreneur or an online service provider then search engine optimization is an essential element of your business or service to gain recognition. SEO stands for search engine optimization and it is a process in which the website is optimized in such a manner to make it recognized by the search engine to attract quality and quantity traffic. If your website is not optimized for the search engine then your website would not be displayed by the search engine and your online business would not be easily displayed at the search engine result pages. The search engine comprises of elements known as crawlers and their function is to gather all the information on the internet and they provide all the information in the binary format (0’s and 1’s) to the search engine to form an index. Then finally this index is fed to the search algorithm and it provides you with the information you are looking for on the search engine.
Now you must be thinking why you need a search engine optimization and the answer to this question is simple the search algorithm changes frequently with that the criteria for ranking a website by the search engine also changes. So you need to optimize the search engine frequently in response to the change of search engine algorithm such that your website is made easily available through the search engine to the seekers out there. If you want traffic and recognition of your website then search engine optimization is a necessity.
How to make a website SEO friendly?
As we have previously discussed the importance of search engine optimization now we need to understand how to improve a website’s visibility on the search engine result pages. There are numerous techniques which are employed for making a website SEO friendly and some the techniques are:
- Well defined structure: The structure of a website is the most basic element which the SEO analysis and a well-defined and structured website is crucial for both the users and the SEO. If the structure of your website is well defined then the crawlers of the search engine can easily index the pages and the sub-pages of your website.
- URL: The URL should of a website should be formed in such a manner that the user can detect from the first sight that what the website is all about. The URL of your website should be relevant, informative and descriptive which will make it more SEO friendly and will also make easier for the users to get an idea about the website.
- Primary keyword in URL: The URL of your website plays an important role that affects the visibility of your website in the search engine result pages and your website is optimized for numerous keywords so you should select a primary keyword into your URL to make the website SEO friendly.
- Attractive Title-tag: The title-tag defines the name of your brand in the search engine result pages and you should keep the title tag attractive to allure the customers towards your website. It comprises of a single sentence which defines all about your website.
- Meta-description: The meta-description is a short paragraph beneath the title-tag of your web page and it defines your brand in a small paragraph and it reflects about what are you providing the users. So you have to be short and descriptive at the same time to attract the users.
- Content: The content of your website is the most imperative element which will make your website stand apart from all the rest. The content of your website should be unique and informative because search engines provides a useful and informative content to their users. The content on your website should be easy to understand so that search engine can understand the content of your website. You should use images, real-life examples and statistics on your content with primary keywords to make the content SEO friendly. The content of your website should be well organized and to make it look organized you should use headings, sub-headings, images with primary keyword and bullets. And you should definitely not use duplicate content which means you should not use the content which is similar on multiple links because that can cause a serious drop in your website search engine ranking.
There are numerous techniques which are employed to optimize a website to make it SEO friendly but the core idea is informative content and to provide exactly what the users are looking for. You will need a pittsburgh seo company if you want a higher ranking for your website on search engine result pages because these are professionals and their sole purpose is to provide you with best and effective results and the contract negotiated with the customers is for a small period such that the customers do not feel bounded. You should definitely consider a pittsburgh seo company for your search engine optimization if you want efficient and effective result and by employing them you can increase quality and quantity traffic onto your website.